Podman info

https://podman.io/

What is Podman? Podman is a daemonless container engine for developing, managing, and running OCI Containers on your Linux System. Containers can either be run as root or in rootless mode. Simply put: alias docker=podman. More details here.

Blog feed: podman.io
Code repo: GitHub - containers/podman: Podman: A tool for managing OCI containers and pods.
Mailing Lists: Info | podman@lists.podman.io - Podman List Archives
Docs: What is Podman? — Podman documentation

Okay, so here’s the Podman logo (as a slick SVG, nice one!):

podman

And that’s cute! Despite the name otherwise being kinda weird, in the exact same way “Gameboy” is weird. Anyhow, that’s not why I wanted to draw your attention to that. It’s for another, even funnier reason, but it’s gonna take time

To start, have you heard of Keroro Gunso?

Okay, so, like, for years I’ve tried to learn about how Docker works, and now it’s like, old news dawg! Anyhow, I have no idea how that alias would work for me. It might be neat to try it with something formulaic, like installing Discourse… :thinking:

That aside, I’ve stumbled upon podman play kube (podman-play-kube — Podman documentation), which basically raises more questions (…Kubernetes… okay, we’ll do that…), and I’m gonna explore this because it solves a particular problem I have, but I need to research more to make it more useful.

:slight_smile: