Nintendo Switch and 3rd-parties

Noting, the first time I’ve given consent to a 3rd-party via Switch. In the game it was prominent: it switched apps to the console browser. And then I received an email message containing:

Nickname: maiki

This e-mail is to confirm that you consented to share Nintendo Account information with the following game, application, or service. To keep this consent in place, no action is needed.

Name of service:
Sky: Children of the Light

Information shared:
Confirmation of Nintendo Account

You can use the link below to check which third-party services have been allowed to receive Nintendo Account information. From this page you can also choose to withdraw any consent granted.
https://accounts.nintendo.com/authorized_clients

Why you are receiving this e-mail:
Games, applications, and services provided by our third-party partners may ask your consent to receive your Nintendo Account information, such as your e-mail address, date of birth, and nickname. This enables you to use your Nintendo Account to sign up for third-party accounts or play games and applications that are not published by Nintendo.

1. This is interesting, I like the way it works, seems a good balance
  2. What about the Sky servers or game model require a specific consent from Nintendo?

Is this common for 3rd-party online games? I realize this is the first one for me (Animal Crossing, Maria Kart, Mario Party… all first-party games.

Getting Clover set up to play the same game, we were blocked as I had configured their account to never share info. I changed it to “always ask”.

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 17-05-00 Nintendo Account

When we did it again, it offered Clover the option to email me directions to proceed!

Clover has requested you complete the process for allowing information from their Nintendo Account to be shared with other services.
Please access the following URL and review the request.
https://accounts.nintendo.com/connect/1.0.0/authorize/supervisor_consent

If you do not know why you have received this e-mail, please delete it.

Sincerely,
Nintendo Co., Ltd.

Interesting! And straight forward pages:

And then a follow up email:

*This notification is about a Nintendo Account under your supervision.

This e-mail is to confirm that consent was recently given to share your child Clover’s Nintendo Account information with the following game, application, or service. No further action is required unless you wish to withdraw this consent.

Name of service:
Sky: Children of the Light

Information shared:
Confirmation of Nintendo Account

You can use the link below to check which third-party services have been allowed to receive Nintendo Account information. From this page you can also choose to withdraw any consent granted.
https://accounts.nintendo.com/family/members/-/authorized_clients

Why you are receiving this e-mail:
Games, applications, and services provided by our third-party partners may ask for consent to receive your child’s Nintendo Account information, such as date of birth and nickname. This enables your child to use their Nintendo Account to sign up for third-party accounts or play games and applications that are not published by Nintendo.

Sincerely,
Nintendo Co., Ltd.

That’s nice, I appreciate this system. :slight_smile: