NEOGOV's TOS and Privacy Policy

I created an account on the site https://www.governmentjobs.com/ and read their Terms, which was presented in a tiny window where I couldn’t select all. So I copied it manually, and here it is:

neogov-governmentjobs-tos.txt (96.1 KB)

I wanted to point out one paragraph from the section where NEOGOV explains how they will track you regardless of your wishes:

You can opt out of vendor use of cookies for personalized advertising by visiting www.aboutads.info. In addition, most browsers allow you to refuse to accept or delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser. Please refer to your browser instructions on how to manage your cookies. Blocking all or some cookies may have a negative impact upon the usability of the Services, and there is no industry consensus as to what site operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not respond to the browser “Do Not Track” signal if enabled by the end user in their web browser. When other parties we integrate with set or read their own cookies, they may or may not respond to the DNT signal.

I don’t accept this bizarre reasoning. There will never be an “industry consensus” to not exploit user data. They know this, and make it clear their intent. I will begin informing government agencies to avoid that service, it does not align with civil society.