Microsoft child monitoring policy

mojang accounts are being forcibly phased out, and my kids have to make microsoft accounts. As they are minors, I have to do some approval things… this one is disgusting and I am not sure what I’m going to do.

Give consent for your child’s Microsoft account

What is a Microsoft account?

A Microsoft account is required to access many Microsoft products, websites, online services, and apps like Outlook, OneDrive, Xbox services, Bing, Skype, and Windows. Your child’s Microsoft Account will be like an adult’s account in some ways. You can use it to connect with your family group and also choose to activate family safety settings to help your child explore technology safely.

What information will Microsoft have about your child?

To create a Microsoft account, you’ll need to provide some personal details about your child such as:

• Name
  • Date of birth
  • Email address
  • Alternate contact info (like a phone number for account security).

Once you’ve created a Microsoft account for your child, we collect a unique device ID and additional information provided by the child or by the parent/guardian, including gender, country/region, ZIP/postal. We also collect information generated through the child’s use of the Microsoft services to make the experiences safer and more fun, such as the games and apps played, game statistics, content (including text and images) uploaded to the service, purchase history, performance data and similar information. For more information about the collection of data about children, please visit here.

Is your child’s information shared with others?

Your child might share info when using or communicating with others through Microsoft online services, products, and apps. For example, Xbox services display your child’s online presence and gamertag to others using the service. Your child may be able to chat with others and make friend connections. It also shares gamertag, usage data, and other info with third-party game and app publishers when your child interacts with those games or apps. You can manage your child’s information and communications settings through the Family Safety page.

Review the Legal Information

Microsoft collects personal information about your child with your consent. If you do not provide consent within 14 days, we will delete any personal information that we have collected about your child. By selecting “Yes, I agree” below, you give Microsoft permission to create a Microsoft account for your child, accept the Microsoft Services Agreement and Microsoft Privacy Statement on behalf of your child, and authorize Microsoft’s collection, use, and disclosure of info about your child through Microsoft online services, products, and apps.

There is, of course, no way to NOT agree.

1 Like

Would you be interested in a Minetest (https://www.minetest.net/) server? Clover and I have been waiting for others who want in (we play locally as is). :slight_smile:

1 Like