How do I archive a web comic?

My friends and I ran a webcomic, we had about a dozen comics (one more robot - Mediaclub - talkgroup), and now I’d like to “archive” them.

But I keep getting stuck on what that means. I know what I want, which is to remove these files from my personal cloud, so I am not carrying them around on each device. If I’m not going to interact with those files, I’ve no reason to have them “nearby”.

I thought I’d just gather all the images I have, put them in a file archive, and upload to Internet Archive. However, when I think of sharing it with the future I wonder if I ought to do more, to pay it forward, and assist them somehow, perhaps with a best practice and some metadata…

I don’t know. What should I do? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no idea. I went to the old domain on archive.org, and the pics aren’t there…

This is really a pickle.

1 Like

I’m awaiting the password reset for my archive.org account, but I intend to ask in the “General Website Discussion” forum (Internet Archive Forums: View Posts) on resources for archiving web comics, see where it leads.

https://archive.org/post/1115667/figuring-out-how-to-archive-web-comics

Hello folks. Years ago my friends and I created a short-lived web comic, 13 pages of comics. I also have some character art, I believe it is about 25 graphics in all.

I’m trying to figure out how to archive it, but haven’t found much prior art for web comics. My read of the situation is the images are archived as part of the website where it belonged. Our situation is we shut it down, let go of the domain, but kept the images and now want to store it away for whatever purposes the future hold.

I considered just dropping the files in a file archive and uploading that. It feels most inelegant, so here is an effort to gather resources and guidance on this particular task.

Please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post this query, as well as any guidance on proceeding. Thanks! :slight_smile:

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Well… the Internet Archive has been having technical issues lately, and I also don’t think the general forum is a place to capture much attention. I’ll need to ask someone in the know…

:thinking: