talkgroup

Health log, maiki

This topic is a log of health conditions and status checks for @maiki.

I’ve had a lot of health issues in the last year, things that were difficult to address because of the pandemic, often in unforeseen ways; my medical providers each became non-functioning due to infections and increase in services needed.

It has been so difficult to track in general, I need a better way to know what is happening to my body, and when. Sometimes a person might ask, “When this this start happening?” and I think maybe a couple weeks but in fact has been months. That inefficiency in my own memory is worrisome, because I’m not gonna grow into better health as I get older.

Anyhow, I’ll be logging my body falling apart and being put back together again. :grimacing:

Today I received the second dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination.

I didn’t have the CDC card with the record of the first dose on me, so I have two cards, which I should present together, if the need arises. When would such a need arise? :thinking:

I feel awful today. Sore joints, convulsing to stay warm, all the indications of catching the flu. But my body is holding it off, painfully, unrestfully. It started in the middle of the night.

Hoping this only last one day.

1 Like

Feel so much better today. And well-rested, since slept for maybe 20 hours in a day in a half…

My energy levels are still low, but no body aches; arm is still sore where I received the dose.

I’m really worried about Clover being vaccinated and having to experience this. It’s a bit much, like a week of flu in one day.

:weary:

After the reaction to the vaccination, I’ve been going mostly swimmingly, still freshly grateful for my otherwise good health… except I’d like it to be great health (it’s a goal!).

And to be honest, I feel a familiar pain in my epididymis. It is faint, but then it always starts that way. I’m preempting it by using the suggestions from recovering after antibiotics, in hopes it is just lingering trauma from months of inflammation…

:crossed_fingers: :grimacing:

One of the reasons I started this log was because it has come to my attention that there are men suffering from chronic, recurring symptoms as I, with little recourse or information concerning it. From before the pandemic.

That is a huge concern for me for reasons:

• Having interacted with various men, some men would not talk about this with others, furthering suffering
  • It is an indication that this particular men’s health issue is either under-solved or that the solutions are unevenly distributed, and that’s not cool
  • On the worst days I’m not sure what I’m more worried about: dying of something I don’t understand, or living in constant pain unable to stand or lift anything

So I want to get this solved, however humanly possible. For me, the last year of “health care” has been fraught with disaster after disaster. The pandemic is taking a toll that I am feeling personally, and so I’m utilizing the dual methods of:

1. Raising public awareness as a safety net
  2. Continuing the path of wisdom that allows me to let go of expectations and publicly draw attention to my testicles

Ha. Haha.

Today I don’t feel any acute pain, but there is a lot of tightness on the right side of my torso, from my ribs down.

When I relax the muscles I feel the soreness in my groin. It’s ever present, which is why my muscles clinch up, a subconscious reaction I’m not even aware of until I find myself a bit out of breath and just clinching up for “no reason”.

Today trying to be mindful so I am breathing and feeling what’s happening.

Breath.

Yesterday I was able to go to the gardens for a bit with Clover, but just barely; I felt the sensation of having to urinate, but was unable to for a long time. This kind of interference builds up over time.

This morning I feel fine, though a little tight in my lower right abdomen.

Breath.

I’ve been fortunate to feel really great the last few days. Well, exhausted, but that’s from travel and such. This morning though the tightness is there.

1 Like

The tightness and pain is increasing, so I’m going to submit a renewal for anti-biotics today, and see about switching medical providers to someone that might have more resources to help me.

I’m worried. :weary:

Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 13-09-38 MyChart - Medications

:crossed_fingers:

Been taking 800mg ibuprofen to manage pain, and recieved a call this morning from my medical provider office asking about the refill request. I explained this was the fourth round, and how the condition is happening again, and they said they’d fill the prescription. They are going to let someone know, because my doctor is not there.

I spoke with my doctor twice in Sept. 2020 on the phone, and since my case has been handled by others, whoever is available.

I haven’t heard anything about the prescription, so I’ll check tonight on it’s status (maybe I’ll just call the pharmacy…).

Call pharmacy and they have prescription in, so I’ll start that today. The robot voice said the name of the antibiotics really quick, I thought they said something else, had to call back to verify.

@susan picked up my prescription, so I will begin it today. :weary: :grimacing: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

The strangest part of starting antibiotics is feeling it activate in one’s body.

I now recall, this prescription makes me feel bodily tired. Like, not my mind, I just start to feel sluggish. It uses a lot of energy.

Medical provider called to let me know someone else will call to schedule a follow-up with my doctor, who has an opening in July.

So there’s that. They also said I could go to their urgent care to get tests run, which is a very different scenario than a few months ago, where I waited 4 hours to pee in a cup at a lab they sent me to… which is a good sign, I hope. Grand re-opening and all that.

1 Like

Feeling less sore and inflamed, but the antibiotics sap my physical energy. Swings and roundabouts.

1 Like

Yesterday I was taken out the whole day. Just a tightness around my testicle and my core clinching up and being short of breath. It was rough, and if I didn’t improve today I was going to go to urgent care. But I did improve, I actually feel well. And that’s terrifying, because it is very hard to plan for the future when I don’t know when I’ll have an “off day”.

I need to switch medical providers, one more task on the stack…

Yesterday I felt well in the morning, but after a short walk near Lake Merritt I felt my energy leave and my core muscles ached and I felt the stinging pain. Not sure what to do, I resolved to go to Urgent Care as suggested.

About 2 hours ago I was denied medical care at the Urgent Care they referred me to. When asked why I was there, I explained, “I have an ongoing condition that is causing me a lot of pain, it is getting too difficult to walk or even stand sometimes, my muscles are having spasms from the pain and I have to catch my breath a lot.”

And they asked, “So you have shortness of breath?” To which I replied, “Sure, yeah, if I just stand up I kinda gasp.”

To which they informed me “shortness of breath” was a symptom which prohibited me from being received. I explained I didn’t have any flu symptoms, it was from pain, and they said they would go to the clinic (the check in is in a different place) and ask if they would see me.

They walked back and ten minutes later said they would not see me due to “shortness of breath”. I pleaded with them, that it was a miscommunication, I did not claim to how shortness of breath, I was in pain and needed to see someone, and asked if they would go to the clinic and explain my actual symptoms. And they said, “No, I’m not walking back there again.”

I’m too sick to be as angry as I think this makes me. It’s too much energy to put forth.

I’ve switched medical providers, and have new urgent care facilities to go to. I also have created a formal complaint with my medical insurer. Right now I just want to take a nap.

:tired_face:

I use “contexts” to structure my tasks (Learning Taskwarrior, one dream at a time - #35 by maiki - Science and Technology - talkgroup), and I’m adding health related tasks to my “work” context. Because healing is part of my job.

Today I’m going through the medical portal from my former clinic and ensuring I have all the data present, as well as seeing about exporting/transferring to new provider. This is one of the reasons I’m keeping this log, so I have timestamps and someone is paying attention to the events happening to me…

As for health, I think the antibiotics are working on the infection, but I also think something an RN once told me: my epididymis has stretching trauma, and I need to support it close to my body and not move, as when I do it causes pain which is clenching up my muscles from just below my ribs down to my knee (on the inside of my leg).

Last night I meditated and massaged strained muscles, and also experimented with sleeping positions, all of which I believe jostle my epididymis and cause trauma while I’m sleeping… so I laid on my back and my legs pressed closed, and put a weighted blanket over me to hold me in place.

I woke up with less sore muscles, and so far I’ve been walking slow, actually kinda limping as I feel what’s happening and compensate. To be honestly this is a lot easier at home, where I can just hold myself, but walking outside in public may not be in my immediate future…

i i y i

If I remember the characters and order, I can figure out the spelling. And this one is easy! The first half is the sound I make when I stand up, and the second half is the immediate question after the first part…