☘ Clover and...!

Clover tells and shows me interesting things, and when I don’t have anywhere else to share, I do so here. :slight_smile:

I think a squirrel took my whittle sticks.

It happens.

Whoever wants tea shall have it!

Exclamation overheard during play.

I think a noodle went down my sleeve!

Oh, no, my foot just touched it…

It’s like watching clover grow in a field…

1 Like

We have fancy hats!

This morning I found Clover and Susan cuddling in bed. I had decided this morning I would tell Clover our friend died. I’ve done research on approaches for the age group, and had mentally prepared answers to follow up questions.

I told Clover I had something sad to share, described our friend, and said, “…, they died.”

Clover had a shaking motion come over their body, like their entire being was processing what I had said. I asked if they wanted to hug, and we did.

And when we stood apart Clover said, “I have so many good memories.” And I embraced Clover again and cried deeply.

We honored our friend by talking about how talented and kind they were, and fun encounters we had. And no follow up questions.

3 Likes

So… Clover is thinking about sex. And… talking about sex. Like, not really, but kinda.

And I also feel they are just on the cusp of being deeply embarrassed by what I could share about our conversations. I’m just dropping a note here that the rawness is probably going to be more select.

On the other hand, fresh off a birthday, Clover asked me this morning, “Have you noticed my face growing?” and posed demonstrating their… face growth.

So I’ll still have stuff to share. :slight_smile:

Clover is a volunteer at the Bonsai Garden at Lake Merritt (https://bonsailakemerritt.com/). They go every week, and when possible every day. Recently Clover was showing me some cool stuff, and was wearing the t-shirt from the Bonsai Garden, so we did took some shots. Here are images to fascinate: a posing, a tree, information.

Japanese maple grove

Daimyo oak

Is it possible to be in love with one’s own character, or is that just vain?

:flushed:

:thinking:

:rofl:

1 Like

Clover gave me a dragon name for my figurine in Dragoon: Berni’sa’fod

I translated it as “Convention of Desctruction”, so Clover made an apt choice.

:derelict_house: :fire: :dragon_face:

1 Like

Last night we had popcorn, and at bedtime Clover was… doing a thing. Like a… “patronizing cuddle”? I was partially laying on their bed and they put hugged me from behind and said:

Ah, you made us popcorn, my little popcorner.

:rofl:

1 Like

This last year was one of growth for Clover. Here are some fuzzy readings, to get a sense:

From December 11, 2019 to December 22, 2020, Clover grew approximately 5.5 cm.

From December 22, 2020 to December 21, 2021, Clover grew approximately 11.5 cm!

That’s… accelerated. :grimacing:

1 Like

Last night I was waxing poetic about something, and Clover had obviously moved on from the conversation, offering:

I’m happy about your soul and such, but I just thought of something funny…

The other night we were finishing up dinner, and Clover was slumping over the table, yawning. The following conversations entailed:

Clover (while yawning): I know what will wake me up…
Susan: Drinking some water?
maiki: Going for a walk?
Clover: … cosplay!

So they did cosplay. :slight_smile:

Today we met a friendly cat:

As we walked away I heard:

If I had a cat it would nap all the time, I would pet it so much!