I propose we have a talkgroup with sub-talkgroups, for announcements. The reason for the additional complexity is configuring each to have different settings for auto-deleting messages.
I have to interact with various websites to publish information. Each time I use one of these I make a list of things that irritate me, and finally the pattern emerged: I can use talkgroup for what I want. And it just might work…
Each sub-group will have a template that has to “basically” be filled out. It will include headings and everything. We can work on that over time. Additionally, each sub-group will have different rules for posting, that make sense. For example:
- happening - topic deletes 6 hours after last reply
- work - topic deletes 30 days after publishing
- housing - topic deletes 30 days after publishing
- surveys - topics deletes 90 days after publishing
- places - each “place” is a topic, and replies delete after 1 day
Examples of how these would be used:
- Someone finds a food truck, posts to “happening”, others might see it, and then it’s gone.
- Someone is looking for a job or a room, their topic is up for 30 days and then deletes; comments are used to clarify, to assist
- Someone like maiki posts a street survey for a city, and more people will see it and fill it out hopefully
- Someone creates a topic for the library box on their block, each day they walk by and take a pic of what’s on offer, and add it as a reply; 24 hours later that snapshot is gone. Same with food menus/specials.
We will standardize some tags to make it easy to find and track announcements. Zip codes come to mind, as well as place names and other categories folks find useful. I imagine I will promote it locally, therefore I would be able to include “local listings”, powered by talkgroup.